Junior Mechanical Project Manager
Job Type: Project Management
Location: South UK – Based in East Anglia
Reports to – Projects Manager.
Following the successful growth of EPPH, we are looking to appoint an additional Project Manager to strengthen our project team and pipeline.
The Jr mechanical Project Manager will play a key role in the organisation and will be responsible for determining and examining costs for mechanical and electrical projects in addition to running a variety of projects while establishing and maintaining relationships with local clients and clients further afield.
Duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing overlapping projects to ensure costs, quality and programme remain in line with forecasts.
- Compiling bids for work.
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire.
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Variation management.
- Clarifying the client’s needs, compiling and submitting tender returns.
- Reading plans, taking measurements and quantities.
- Use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word.
- Labour planning.
- Financial forecasting and reporting.
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements.
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates, materials, labour contractual and projected timescale costs.
- Knowledge of commonly used contracts such as but not limited to JCT / NEC.
- Making visits to construction sites to assess progress and provide clear direction to the project team as required.
- Chairing / attending site meetings.
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners and design teams.
- Presenting bids to clients and / or their representatives.
- Completing work quality submissions.
- Generation of case studies for future marketing.
- Snagging management.
- Creation and issue of O&M manuals
- Good use of Microsoft Office (Outlook & Excel) and computer literate
- High levels of emotional intelligence and ability to network
- Communication Skills
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of products, services and equipment associated with the mechanical, electrical and construction trades.
- Knowledge of suppliers associated with the supply of materials and equipment to mechanical, electrical and construction trades.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and potential client base.
- Dependable and reliable
- Innovative, creative, able to solve problems and propose alternative solutions
- Willing to learn
This Job Description is a guide to the work that you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.